Ich habe mir gestern noch mal die vier Shows "LITE GRAND I ÖRAT" vom August 1981 angeschaut.
Bin dann noch mal auf Suche, nach Info´s gegangen und fand dieses Interview.
Gemeinsam mit "Claes" Clabbe of Geijerstam führte Frida, durch vier bunte Shows, ich fand diese 4 TV-Shows, gerade weil nicht diese nicht perfekt durchgestylte waren, sehr stimmungsvoll.
Fand es auch klasse, das Frida im Backgrond-Chor die Gäste unterstützte.
Das Interview wurde am 16.Sept.1981 veröffentlicht, zwei Tage bevor die erste TV-Aufz. ausgestrahlt wurde.
Hier eine englische Übersetzung, im Original natürlich auf schwedisch.
Keine Gewähr auf Übersetzungsfehler (Aus einen ABBA-Blog im Netz).
Aufgrund der Größe auf 2 Teile verteilt.
Here you will get to meet Frida in a new way. Honestly and openly she answers all our questions. It is the real picture of Frida emerging. A struggling girl who hates intolerance and gives her all for her friends and her work.
Frida is sitting by one of the tables at Grand's Stora Vinterträdgård. For the first time in her life she is the host of a TV-show. And that in front of five TV-cameras and an audience of 5.000.000 viewers.
But Frida has proven herself to be a natural TV-host. She is very sure of her self on stage. She acts, sings and cracks jokes. And no matter how much her co-host Clabbe af Geijerstam tries to put her on the spot she always manages to give a great comeback to his questions.
All of the time Frida is hugging people and is showing her affection and warmth. She is by no way making out that she is any more special than the others on stage. Quite the opposite, she lets the others shine. She is constantly following her script and knows exactly what is going to happen and when.
I walk up to her and ask her if it's OK that I ask her some questions. To my big suprise she says that it's fine with her.
I have heard here that a lot of people are so surprised that you are such a surprisingly good TV-host?
Frida looks surprised and says:
- It's only because they have only seen me with ABBA before.
Have you done anything like this before?
- Oh no, not in front of an audience.
What about parties, have you been the one making speeches etc?
- Oh, no, yuk, I've never liked that kind of thing.
Then why did you agree to host this series of TV-shows?
- It was Claes (Clabbe af Geijerstam) who contacted me just after Christmas and asked if I would consider it. And to be honest, it took a couple of months of persuasion. At first I was a little scared. But I do trust Claes a lot so finally I thought, why not, and I said yes. Now I think it's the greatest thing I've ever done. I have been involved from the beginning and has been given a chance to give my input on how the show should turn out. I've been able to coordinate a lot of things and even choose some of the songs. Yes, I've been a part of everything that has lead to this show. I find it especially stimulating that the show isn't only based on solo performances, but instead all the guests are involved in almost every number.
Claes comes in and asks Frida to join him. The taping is about to begin. I ask Frida if we can continue this interview a little later.
- Do you have many questions, she asks.
And I foolishly say "no" not to scare her off.
- Then it's OK, just call me when the rehearsals are over, says Frida.
When you think about Frida's background and her development you can't help to get impressed. Today she is 36 years old and she is still developing herself. Not just as a TV-show host. Soon she is going to America and maybe record a solo album over there. And she is hoping that Björn and Benny soon will get their musical together. She has been training dancing and singing for something like this for years. Through the years she has developed into a free Woman who can stand on her own. It has been a long road. A real Cinderella story, would be perfect to export to movie studios of Hollywood.